How do I become a member?
In order to become a member of ABCO Federal Credit Union, a person must:
- Be eligible for membership. Browse our eligibility list to find out if your company, group, or area is eligible for membership. For questions about eligibility requirements, contact us by phone at 1.800.225.1859 or send us an e-mail.
- By federal regulations, you will be required to verify your identity. We will ask you to provide a valid driver's license and/or other identifying documents.
- To open your Primary Share ABCO Savings Account (a base account required of all members), a $10 application fee is required as well as a $10 minimum initial deposit.
You can become a member in person at any branch office
, through the mail, or by fax. View our detailed step by step guide to becoming a member
, or download the member application
Why should I become a member of ABCO?
Experience the Credit Union Difference.
- We have money to lend. Even in this troubled economy our credit union remains financially sound and able to lend to folks like you.
- Savings, checking accounts and CDs to suit the needs of every individual, including a high interest checking account.
- Access to over 50,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide.
- Free Online Banking/Bill Payer & e-statements.
- Credit unions are member-owned, not stockholder-owned. Since we're a not-for-profit organization, we can turn our "profits" back into better service for our members.
- Lifetime membership -- once you join the credit union, you will always be a member whether you relocate or change employers.
Contact Member Care at 1.800.225.1859.